Nestlé Professional’s Toque d’Or® 2021
The hospitality industry’s most prestigious competition
One of the key things we have learnt over the past year is the importance of our community. Never has it been more important to come together to celebrate our industry, inspire the next generation, and provide key skills for them to succeed in their careers.
So…Toque d’Or has got some really exciting updates planned this year.
- You are able to register your whole class to experience Toque d’Or 2021. In these challenging times, Toque d’Or is giving so many more competitors the opportunity to be part of this prestigious competition.
- Each entrant will receive a unique certificate celebrating their participation which can be included in their personal portfolio of work/CV.
- Toque d’Or is retaining a strong digital element as the world moves more online.
- Changing the timeline – heats will now take place in April, the finals in June and the awards in July. ( timings may be subject to change due to the pandemic guidelines)
- The theme of sustainable futures will remain at the centre of each challenge and will cover elements such as nutrition, health, food waste and seasonality, all whilst testing the contestants in new areas, techniques and working environments.
- There will be a few new faces joining the judging panel, so look out for those!
- Free to enter and as the competitors progress in the competition, they will also be provided with the necessary commemorative uniforms, all ingredients, and in fact everything required to compete.
- Registration to entry OPENS – 19th Feb
- Entries closing date – 16th March
- Virtual Assessment – 18th March
- Heat task communicated – 26th March
- Heat tasks submitted – 15th April
- Finalists announced – 30th April
- Finals hosts – w/c 28th June
- Awards (on the last day of the finals) – w/c 28th June
- Awards broadcast – w/c 19th July
All Back and Front of House students & apprentices will need to complete a virtual assessment as their entry task. This will consist of multiple-choice questions on sustainability and nutrition and will need to be completed on 18th March 2021 between 8am and 23:59 the same day. You will be sent links to read beforehand to prepare you for the assessment.Entrants will also need to record a selfie style 1-minute video telling us why they are passionate about the hospitality industry and why they should be in the Nestlé Professional 2021 Toque d’Or competition.
Toque d’Or 2021 is giving so many more students & apprentices the chance to benefit from taking part this year. For over 30 years the competition has provided unique and relevant challenges, and it has now adapted to meet these changing and challenging times. There is no better reason to register your student classes along with apprentices to allow them to enrich their education, by participating in Toque d’Or 2021. We recommend you make the decision to participate today. Good luck!
Please visit the Nestle Toque d’Or pages to find out more.
View the Nestle Video here: